Getting to know me!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Hello everyone!!! My name is Cheryl and I'm from the deep south, Montgomery, AL. I'm half Filipino and half redneck. I'm a mother to my daughter, Autumn; I'm a soon to be wife to my fiance, Stacy; and a daughter to my late Filipina mom and to my awesome redneck daddy.


I'd never had an interest in cooking before I became pregnant, which is when I moved in with my fiance. I figured that the whole going out to eat all the time thing was way overrated and after a year of rarely having a home cooked meal after my mom died, I figured it was time to get off of my butt and try out my lack of skills on the stove. It turned out that it actually wasn't a lack of skills at all. After eating my first home cooked meal of hamburger steak and homemade gravy and adding my own twist to the recipe, the food was DELICIOUS. Still, four years later, this is a regular entree in our household.

I have tried out many diferent recipes over the past few years and, typically, I always put a twist into the recipe to make it my own. I love trying out new things and cooking all different types of food. Up until last week, I had never tried to cook Filipino food because I never thought I would get it as good as mom cooked hers. I ended up trying several different Filipino dishes last week and mastered all but one (adobo). This is what inspired me to start a food blog. The Filipino food last week turned out amazing and I have been cooking it over and over again for the past few days!

I'm not really sure how this food blog will play out since I have never done this before. I know I will be critiquing different restaurants as I visit them around the city. I also plan on giving you recipes sometimes, and also showing you step-by-step instructions on how I come about some of my meals. I plan on showing and/or blogging about my failed attempts at cooking as well because this, no matter whether I am proud of it or not, is part of my journey in the kitchen.

So here we go! Let's get started you guys! I'm ready to start up some good cookin'! :)

About Me

My photo
I am a mother, soon to be wife, and daughter. I'm half Filipino and half American and was raised in sweet home Alabama. I have a passion for cooking food and I'm here to blog about it!
Powered by Blogger.

FilipinaFoodista Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino