Avocado Salsa

Friday, October 22, 2010

Okay, okay. You've got me. This isn't my recipe, but it's so good that I thought I would post it on my blog.


My coworker let me try this on one of my first days working there and I fell in love with it. When I saw her making it the other day, I took notes and made it! I thought I would share it with you guys, so here it is!

INGREDIENTS:

1 onion, chopped

3 avocados, chopped

1 small bundle of fresh cilantro, chopped


1 large tomato, diced

1-2 jalapeno, finely minced

2 limes

salt and pepper to taste



PREPARATION:

It's pretty much as easy as that. Once everything is chopped and minced, just mix it all together, squeeze the lime juice into it, add the salt a pepper, and well... that's it! You're done!














It's very yummy. I hope you all love it as much as I do!

After I let mine chill in the fridge for about an hour, I tasted it and I didn't like the texture as much as I thought I should, so that's when I added my third avocado. I've been eating it all day today and the texture is much, much better. Like many of you, I am not a big fan of avocados, but this recipe has made me able to tolerate them.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love love love avacadoes! I eat them plain w/ just salt and pepper too! This reminds me of a dish I got once at a Peruvian restaurant. It was tomatoes and avacado and some kind of cheese. They put it on a plate in a little ball and I dug right in w/ chips! Yummy!

FilipinaFoodista said...

I actually looked online to see what other recipes I could find that were similar to it to see what differences I could find and in one, I saw that there was feta cheese added. I will have to try that next time!

About Me

My photo
I am a mother, soon to be wife, and daughter. I'm half Filipino and half American and was raised in sweet home Alabama. I have a passion for cooking food and I'm here to blog about it!
Powered by Blogger.

FilipinaFoodista Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino