Steak and Shrimp Kabobs & Stuffed Mushrooms

Friday, October 22, 2010

The other night was the last night one of my very best friends, Cindi, had in Montgomery before going off to BFE (just kidding) for two months so I wanted to make her dinner. The original plan was to cook rice, kabobs, squash, and stuffed mushrooms, but I got bored with it so I made Christina's Stuffed Mushrooms, and my own special kabobs.

I must first start by telling you about Christina and how friggin fabulous she is! You can find her website at http://www.dinneratchristinas.com/. Almost all of her recipes are original and are to die for! Every time I have ever made her stuffed mushroom recipe, I giggle to myself because they're one of the most wonderful appetizers I've ever put into my mouth and she hates mushrooms. I don't know how she came up with this recipe, but you have to try them. Man, they're good! It's not only this recipe that I've absolutely loved, but also her Mexican Shredded Pork, too! Anyway, enough about Christina; she's gonna steal all the fame one day! ;)

As for the kabobs-- These things were sooo damn time consuming, but were well worth the wait!

Marinade:

I'm gonna go ahead and tell you guys. I'm not one to measure the ingredients I put into my recipes. On all of my past posts, the've been approximate, so bare with me and use your imaginations if you're going to copy these recipes to a T!

You'll need:

Soy sauce

Worchestershire sauce

Garlic powder

Onion powder

Thyme

1-2 limes


I can tell you that I used half of the worchestershire compared to that of the soy sauce. In other words, don't use much worchestershire. :)

Once I made the marinade, I threw my meats and vegetables into it.

Ingredients for kabobs:
One BA sirloin steak (I think mine was like 1 1/2 to 2 lbs)

3/4 pound of shrimp

2 zucchini

1 extra large purple onion

2 packs of fresh mushrooms

2 large bell peppers



I cut all of my vegetables except, of course, the mushrooms into one inch cubes as best as I could. I marinated the meat in one bowl of marinade and the vegetables in another bowl of the same kind of marinade for a good two hours. Once the vegetables and meats were marinated enough, I just put them onto the bamboo skewers and threw them on the grill for about 5-6 minutes on each side.

The only thing that I urge is that you wait to cook the shrimp lastly because they cook very quickly and you don't want them tough and rubbery. The grill should be cooled down towards the end of cooking the steak kabobs and this is when the grill should be just perfect for cooking the shrimp.







 You see all these dang kabobs I made? I think there were about 25-30. There were only 4 1/2 people eating off of them and I only had two left the next morning. I was pretty proud. We'll definitely be making these agin!

2 comments:

Christina said...

*blushes* Aww thanks for the praise and love!! I think you're pretty fantastic yourself! ;)

I love love love kabobs! I cannot believe the pile you made! They look delicious!

And I barely ever measure either. I just try to "guess" when I tell ppl recipes.

Christina said...

Oh and I forgot to say that I usually will look around at 2 or 3 recipes for something I want to make and then get ideas from them. Then I just go off what I think sounds good or what I have in my kitchen!

About Me

My photo
I am a mother, soon to be wife, and daughter. I'm half Filipino and half American and was raised in sweet home Alabama. I have a passion for cooking food and I'm here to blog about it!
Powered by Blogger.

FilipinaFoodista Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino